Thursday, September 25, 2008

Throwback. Waaayback.

I came across one of my favorite Janet Jackson songs "Alright," which was released on the Rhythm Nation album in 1989.

Pretty much any old school Janet is amazing. She was a serious triple threat; singing, dancing and acting (Poetic Justice, anyone?). This song is such a feel good joint and it makes me happy.

Late 80s/early 90s music is probably the best feel good music era in American history. Janet, Michael, Tony! Toni! Tone!, Blues Travelers, Sugar Ray...even The Spice Girls.

Sometimes I think I was born 2 decades too late.

The video is as good as the beat. These were the golden days, where ass and titties were the least of peoples concerns, and video directors found better ways to entertain.

Janet has on an entire suit throughout this video with her main prop being a hat, and yet this is one of the best videos of all time. Between the different types of dance, people, places and the 1930s spin-off theme, this video is awesome. I didn't realize how much I liked it until I just watched it:



Cab Calloway? Heavy D? Damn.

0 comments: